The Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at New Orleans has teaching, research, and health care functions state-wide through its six professional schools; as well as the more than one hundred hospitals and other health science related institutions throughout the State, region, nation, and the world, with which they maintain affiliations. The Health Sciences Center provides health care for approximately 75 percent of Louisiana’s indigent population.
Component professional schools, each headed by a dean, which now constitute the Health Sciences Center include, in the order of their establishment:
- The School of Medicine in New Orleans, 1931
- The School of Graduate Studies of the Health Sciences Center, 1965
- The School of Dentistry, 1966
- The School of Nursing, 1968
- The School of Allied Health Professions, 1970
- The School of Public Health, 2003
This Catalog/Bulletin is an official publication of The Louisiana State University System relating to the professional schools of the Health Sciences Center at New Orleans, compiled, edited, and published by the Office of the Registrar, LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans, by authority of the
Office of the Chancellor
LSU Health Sciences Center at New Orleans
433 Bolivar Street
New Orleans, LA 70112-2223
Catalog/Bulletins published by, and relating to, other segments of The Louisiana State University System may be obtained directly from the individual institutions concerned.
Information regarding faculty contained in the individual rosters of the respective professional schools of the Health Sciences Center reflects the academic status of the person concerned, as recorded in the department files at the time the regular Catalog/Bulletin was printed. Faculty who are promoted after the publication of the current Catalog/Bulletin will be correctly listed in this electronic version of the Catalog/Bulletin.
The current electronic version of the Catalog/Bulletin is available online at http://www.lsuhsc.edu/no/catalog.