Students in most professional curricula are enrolled on an academic-year basis, whereas certain others are enrolled by semesters. Tuition and fees vary by school and are based on the number of hours for which the student is enrolled.
All students, depending upon the program in which they are enrolled may incur additional expenses apart from those outlined below. A detailing of the estimate of such additional expenses, when applicable, appears in each such appropriate section of this Catalog/Bulletin.
Tuition and fees listed here are subject to change. Please visit our website at http://www.lsuhsc.edu/no/tuition or contact the offices of admissions for the individual schools to verify current tuition and fees.
A non-refundable application fee of $50 must accompany each application for admission for the Schools of Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Medicine, and Nursing. A non-refundable application fee of $30 must accompany each application for admission to the Schools of Graduate Studies and Public Health. Checks or money orders should be made payable to: LSU Health Sciences Center. Certain limited-enrollment curricula require an acceptance deposit to insure a place in the class after a student has been accepted by the Committee on Admissions of the respective professional school concerned. This deposit is credited toward payment of fees due at the time of registration. The acceptance deposit is only refunded if the student is unable to complete registration for reasons beyond the student’s control.
Fees for graduation are normally assessed at registration for the semester in which the student intends to graduate.
Associates or bachelors degree $10
Masters degree $15
Doctorate or professional degree $25
The fee for a duplicate diploma is $25. This fee is also assessed when a diploma is ordered and the student does not graduate as scheduled.
A fee of $15 is charged to cover the cost of thesis or dissertation binding.
All dissertations must be preserved on archival media, and a charge of $45 is assessed for this service.
A fee of $2 per copy is charged for official transcripts. Transcripts are issued upon request providing the student is current in all his/her financial obligations to the University and the LSU Health Sciences Center. Official transcripts may be issued to students or mailed directly to other institutions. Transcript requests may be submitted through our website at: http://www.lsuhsc.edu/no/students/transcript.htm.
Payment of Fees and Tuition
All fees, tuition, and other charges are to be paid at the time of registration by the student for the academic coursework for which the student is registering.
LSU Health Sciences Center permits students to defer the payment of a portion of fees assessed at registration, e.g., the University Fee, the Non-resident Tuition and miscellaneous charges. In general, deferments will be granted to students with extenuating personal or family circumstances, and to students with financial assistance pending who have completed the appropriate forms and provided the appropriate documentation to process their application for assistance.
LSU Health Sciences Center has established the following policy with respect to delinquent student accounts receivable:
- A student shall be dropped from the rolls of The LSU Health Sciences Center within fourteen (14) days after the student’s account becomes delinquent as a result of the student’s failure to pay deferred payments and/or other charges when due and payable or when the check offered by the student in satisfaction of the obligation for registration fees and/or other charges is not honored by the bank on which it was drawn, unless within fourteen (14) days the student, the student’s parents or legal guardian make payment in full or take other appropriate steps, acceptable to The LSU Health Sciences Center, to satisfy and fulfill the student’s financial obligation to The LSU Health Sciences Center.
- The date under which a student is officially dropped from the rolls of The LSU Health Sciences Center shall determine the effective date under which refunds shall be made and under which appropriate scholastic regulations of The LSU Health Sciences Center shall be applied.
- All financial indebtedness to the Health Sciences Center must be cleared prior to the issuance of grade reports, scholastic and financial aid transcripts, re-enrollment for students who were either previously dropped from school, withdrew from school, or took a leave of absence from school, and prior to graduation.
- A statement of this policy shall be included in all issues of catalog-bulletins and shall be made a part of all deferred agreements.
The LSU Board of Supervisors reserves the right to change fees without prior notice.
Admission of Nonresidents
Applicants to professional programs which lead to the conferral of a doctoral degree, and who are not classified as a resident of the state of Louisiana upon admission, will be assessed nonresident tuition and fees for the duration of their enrollment.
A full time academic load for Undergraduate Students is 12 semester hours in a fall or spring term and 6 hours in a Summer term. A full time academic load for graduate students is 9 hours in a fall or spring term and 6 hours in a summer term.
Fulltime enrollment is required in the following programs.
- Master of Nursing - Nurse Anesthesia
- Career Alternative RN Education (C.A.R.E.)
- Advanced Dental Education