The LSUHSC School of Public Health accepts applications through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS). All application materials for degree programs must be submitted through that service.
The LSUHSC School of Public Health minimum requirements for admission are as follows.
1. A baccalaureate degree from a college or university approved by a regional accrediting agency;
2. Grade point average of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate and graduate work on a 4-point scale and based on all work for which a grade is given;
3. Submission of official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) taken within five years of application date.
4. Satisfactory standing at the most recent educational institution attended.
International students must also have
1. Current scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). For those international applicants who have completed a degree in the U.S., a TOEFL will be waived.
2. An official World Education Services (WES) report. The WES converts educational credentials from any country in the world into their U.S. equivalents. It describes each certificate, diploma or degree that has been earned and states its academic equivalency in the United States.
Additional materials to be sent directly to LSUHSC
Foreign Nationals must provide a copy of their passport and a signed letter (on bank letterhead) of adequate funding and a letter of sponsorship from a recognized sponsoring agency (on agency letterhead) in order to obtain a visa. Please note that the process of obtaining a visa may take 90 or more days.
Specific Program Requirements
Acceptance is contingent upon recommendation by one of the programs. Note that specific programs may establish requirements that surpass the minimum standards of the School of Public Health.
You may contact the LSUHSC SPH Office of Admissions and Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (504) 568-5700 if you have questions.
The LSUHSC School of Public Health offers MPH, MS and PhD degrees. Deadlines vary by program and semester of entry. Deadlines for US and international students also differ. To view details, visit www.SOPHAS.org.